Show off your tiny house design, its unique features, and what makes it special.
Describe your design in fewer than 500 words, in English.
Grand Prize: $1000
Millions of people around the world are thinking about how they can radically change their lives for the better. Could living in a tiny house be one of those ways?
At DesignClass we are passionate about exploring how design can have a positive impact on people's lives. Few things are as relevant to this mission as exploring how the concept of home can adapt, grow, or maybe shrink to match the needs of the modern person and family.
We don't believe design has to be fancy or grand but it does have to be intentional. A tiny house is about as intentional as you can get.
This is your challenge, design the tiny house of your dreams. A place you could call home; whatever circumstances you are in or location you find yourself. Explore what the tiny house of your future could be.
Use this competition as an opportunity to expand your creative energy and seek out new worlds and possibilities. Here are some questions to help spark some ideas.
- How would my tiny house respond to my city, town, or culture?
- How would it respond to how I live or work?
- How would a tiny house adapt or help fulfill my aspirations?
- How would my tiny house utilize or ignore modern technology?
Need more inspiration? Checkout out Pinterest board. We look forward to seeing your creations!
Tiny houses are typically 400 square feet (37.16 m2) or less. It may be on wheels or permanent foundation. It may have one or more stories. Please keep your designs within these guidelines.
Have questions about how to participate?
We created a FAQ at the bottom of this page and this helpful video.
- 3-5 Images, showing your tiny house design.
- Written Description, fewer than 500 words, in English. Tell us about your design and its reasoning.
- No logos in the image.
- Image must be square or 16x9 ratio. Templates provided upon registration.
- Keep text in the images to a minimum. No text is better.
- Image must be in jpg format
- Image must be under 3mb each.
Tip: We will provide templates after you register.
Grand Prize: $1,000
All approved submissions will be judged by a panel of anonymous designers. This panel will determine the Grand Prize Winner.
Designer's Choice Award
All approved submissions will be opened to public voting. This public voting will be live on our blog, goDiscoverDesign.com until April 26, 2021. The submission with the most verified votes will be deemed the Designer's Choice Award winner.
Submission deadline: April 5, 2021 (11:59 PM PST)
Voting Opens: April 7, 2021
Voting Closes: April 26, 2021
Winners announced: April 28, 2021
- All text must be in English
- Must be an original work, created by the submitter
- One design submission per registration
- You may work as an individual or in a group or team
- DesignClass reserves the right to suspend the competition and refund entry fees.
- Participants retain all rights to their submissions.
- Participants grant DesignClass license to publish submissions online and in print.
- Open to anyone from anywhere