Showing any building, city, or urban area. May be created by hand or digitally. No photo-realistic renderings.
Fewer than 500 words, in English. Tell us the story of the location you drew and why it is special to you.
Grand Prize: $500 x 2
2020 has been a hard year; everyone needs a little break to take a step back and rediscover the things, places, and people they love. With this context in mind, we are proud to open the Architecture Illustration Competition.
Instead of stressing over details and renderings, take a moment to celebrate what you love about architecture, urbanism, and the built environment.
The challenge is simple, illustrate a piece of architecture or urbanism that inspires you and tells a story.
Use this competition as an opportunity to refresh your mind and creative energy for 2021. You may create your illustration by hand or digitally. Just remember, this is not about creating photo-realistic renderings. Renderings will not be accepted. Here are some questions to help spark some ideas.
- What building has inspired you?
- What city, neighborhood or town has inspired you?
- What location brings out the most emotion?
- What piece of architecture from history do you with you had designed?
We look forward to seeing your creation and starting 2021 with a positive energy that reminds us all of why we love architecture & design.
- 1-3 Illustrations, showing any building, city, or urban area.
- Minimum of 1, maximum of 3 images.
- May be a real or fictional location.
- May be created by hand or digitally.
- NO PHOTO-REALISTIC RENDERINGS.
- Written Description, fewer than 500 words, in English. Tell us the story of the location you drew and why it is special to you.
- No logos in the image.
- Image must be square or 16x9 ratio. Templates provided upon registration.
- Image must be in jpg format
- Image must be under 3mb each.
Tip: We will provide templates after you register.
Grand Prize: $500
All approved submissions will be judged by a panel of anonymous designers. This panel will determine the Grand Prize Winner.
Designer's Choice Award: $500
All approved submissions will be opened to public voting. This public voting will be live on articles.godesignclass.com until March 22, 2021. The submission with the most verified votes will be deemed the Designer's Choice Award winner.
Submission deadline: March 1, 2021 (11:59 PM PST)
Voting Opens: March 3, 2021
Voting Closes: March 22, 2021
Winners announced: March 25, 2021
- All text must be in English
- Must be an original work, created by the submitter
- One design submission per registration
- You may work as an individual or in a group or team
- DesignClass reserves the right to suspend the competition and refund entry fees.
- Participants retain all rights to their submissions.
- Participants grant DesignClass license to publish submissions online and in print.
- Open to anyone from anywhere
Want to level up your drawing skills?
Join through a bundle
Get the master bundle with access to this competition, an eBook, and 2 DesignClasses!
$225 VALUE for only $49
When is the registration & submission deadline?
The deadline for both is March 1, 2021 (11:59 PM PST)
When is the winner announced?
March 25, 2021
Can I participate as a team?
Yes, the competition is open to individuals and teams of all ages and locations.
What is the maximum size of a team?
No limit on the number of team members. In our experience, large teams do not have an advantage over a driven individual.
What is the entry fee?
$14.99 standard registration